2. Healthy Coping Skills The development of effective skills to manage the pain and stress of life.
3. Achievement and Accomplishment The movement beyond the limitations of addiction toward personal achievement.
4. Capacity for Meaningful Relationships The positive support and connection with family and peers.
5. Unique Identity Development The emergence of a unique and positive identity.
6. Reclamation of Agency The internal feeling that you have choices in your behavior—including the choice not to use.